A Gottman Weekend
Retreat for Couples
Drs. John and Julie Gottman
Presented by Dr. Vagdevi Meunier
Gottman Master Trainer and Certified Gottman Therapist
DATE: September 23 and 24, 2017, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
To Register: Register Online or Call 512-330-0355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: Super Early Bird: $500 ends August 15, 2017.
Early Bird: $600 ends September 1st, 2017 Standard Registration: $750
Cancellation policy: Full refund minus $50 processing fee if cancellation request is received in writing by 5 pm September 1st, 2017. After that date, couples will receive full credit up to one year to attend a future workshop.
The Art and Science of Love weekend workshop for couples
John Gottman, Ph.D., has learned what really makes marriages work by studying and following over 3.000 couples in 35 years of research. He and Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman, Clinical Director of both the Gottman Institute and the Gottman Relationship Clinic, designed this workshop to teach couples how to foster romance and harmony in their relationships.
During the first day, you will learn how to build fondness, admiration, and closeness in your relationship. On the second day, you’ll work on conflict management while learning new and important communication skills. The workshop is presented by Gottman Certified Couples Workshop Leaders, who will describe how relationships work and techniques to improve them. Couples work privately on exercises designed to address the challenges in their real-life relationship. Gottman therapists are available to support couples one-on-one with exercises. There is no group work or public disclosure.
At the end of the workshop you will leave with a greater understanding of your relationship and the skills to repair or enhance it.
This workshop is designed to strengthen your marriage or relationship. If you have a strong relationship, this workshop will provide you with insights and tools to make it a great one.
What You’ll Learn
- Foster respect, affection, and closeness
- Build and share a deeper connection with each other’s inner world.
- Keep conflict discussions calm
- Break through and resolve conflict gridlock
- Strengthen and maintain the gains in your relationship
(1) Learning what the Masters of Marriage Do
- Identify your relationship’s strengths and how to build on them
- Increase romance in your relationship
- Recognize the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your relationship/marriage
- The effects of physiological flooding and how it may impede conflict resolution
(2) Building a “Sound Relationship House”
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for Intimacy
- Use the fondness and Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the four techniques of effective conflict resolution
To Register: Register Online or Call 512-465-2926 or email email@example.com